WE DEAL IN HIGH VOLUME MASK SUPPLY FROM RELIABLE SOURCES
THE RIGHT MASK FOR THE RIGHT JOB.
WHETHER YOU ARE IN A MEDICAL FACILITY OR NEED IT FOR CIVIL SAFETY, ATCTECH HAS THE RIGHT SUPPLY SOURCE OF QUALITY MASKS FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS. CALL US NOW TO LET US KNOW HOW WE CAN ASSIST YOUR REQUEST FOR MASKS
WHAT IS N95 RESPIRATOR MASK?
A respirator mask is a personal protective equipment that prevents the wearer from inhaling aerosols as well as vapors or gases that are health hazards. Unlike normal surgical mask that only protects against infectious droplets (e.g. droplets of saliva or other secretions), respirator mask can also protect the wearer from inhaling micro airborne infectious agents such as airborne virus (including coronavirus, SARS, H1N1, etc).
In the US and many other countries, respirator mask must meet the industry standard, which has three grades of disposable respirator masks, known as N90, N95 and N99 (equivalent to FFP1, FFP2 and FFP3 masks in European standard)
- N90 refers to an aerosol filtration of at least 80% and leakage to the inside of maximum 22%. This mask is mainly used as a dust mask (home renovations and various types of work).
- N95 masks, also known as FFP2 masks in the European standard, have a minimum of 95% filtration percentage and maximum 8% leakage to the inside. They are mainly used in construction, agriculture, and by healthcare professionals against influenza viruses. As the most common and best-selling type of respirator mask, N95 masks have been proven effective for protection against the coronavirus.
- N99 masks, also known as FFP3 masks in the European standard, are the most filtering masks in the market. With a minimum filtration percentage of 99% and maximum 2% leakage to the inside, they protect against very fine particles such as asbestos. It is the best mask to protect against coronavirus.
BREAKDOWN OF AN N95 MASK
N: This is a Respirator Rating Letter Class. It stands for “Non-Oil” meaning that if no oil-based particulates are present, then you can use the mask in the work environment. Other masks ratings are R (resistant to oil for 8 hours) and P (oil proof).
95: Masks ending in a 95, have a 95 percent efficiency. Masks ending in a 99 have a 99 percent efficiency. Masks ending in 100 are 99.97 percent efficient and that is the same as a HEPA quality filter.
.3 Microns: The masks filter out contaminants like dusts, mists and fumes. The minimum size of .3 microns of particulates and large droplets won’t pass through the barrier, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.)
Material: The filtration material on the mask is an electrostatic non-woven polypropylene fiber.
Valve: Some disposable N95 masks come with an optional exhalation valve. “The presence of an exhalation valve reduces exhalation resistance, which makes it easier to breathe (exhale,)” according to the CDC.
DISPOSABLE SURGICAL FACE MASK
An excellent quality surgical mask can reduce exposure to blood and other bodily fluids with a 99% filtration fluid resistance. In today’s medicine, a surgical mask is a necessary respiratory and contact precaution.
Our surgical mask and face mask selection includes the following:
- Ear loop face masks
- Surgical and procedure masks
- Barrier extra protection face masks
- Face masks for sensitive skin
- Fluidshield Particulate Filter Respirator face masks
- Mask/shield combinations
- Surgeon anti-fog masks
- Fluid-resistant molded face masks
- Economy molded face masks
- Disposable face shields and Op-d-Op face and visor shields
- Polysoft visor kits
- Coverall total facial shields
Surgical Face Masks
We sell some of the highest quality surgical face masks made from top reputable manufacturers in the medical industry through our network of reliable high quality manufacturing partners and distributors of reputed brands like 3M, Shanghai Dasheng, Meixin etc.
Guidelines & Recommendations For Medical Face Mask
Selecting the appropriate surgical mask for a particular procedure is a critical component of your Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) protocol. Although surgical masks may look similar, each surgical face mask has notable differences affecting the performance and level of fluid resistance and particle filtration. Understanding the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) performance level of each surgical face mask can help make the selection process easier and ensure your mask will provide the appropriate protection to minimize the spread of potentially infectious diseases.
Medical Surgical Mask Standards And Regulations
Specifications developed by ASTM are referenced by the FDA as the required standard in the USA. The current standard ASTM F2100-11 specifies the performance requirements for Medical Face Masks with five basic criteria:
- Fluid Resistance of Surgical Face mask represents the mask’s resistance to penetration by synthetic blood under pressure (mmHg). It measures the ability of a mask’s material construction to minimize fluids from traveling through the material and potentially coming into contact with the wearer. The higher the fluid resistance (filtration), the better the protection.
- BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency) represents the percentage of aerosol particulates filtered at a size of 3 microns. It is the measure of the efficiency of the mask in filtering bacteria passing through it.
- PFE (sub-micron Particulate Filtration Efficiency) represents the percentage of submicron particulates filtered at 0.1 microns. PFE is the measure of the efficiency of the mask in filtering particles passing through it. The size of the particles filtered is critical.
- DELTA P (Differential Pressure) represents the pressure drop across the mask or resistance to air flow in mmH2O/cm2. This determines breathing resistance — the higher the Delta P, the less the breathability, but the better the filtration.
- FLAME SPREAD is a ranking derived by laboratory standard test methodology of a material’s propensity to burn rapidly and spread flames.
For any questions regarding surgical face masks or personal protective equipment products on the our website, fill out our request for info page and someone will be in touch with you shortly.